THC Board Minutes (1/16/2020)

Topics :

Membership numbers: 34 in 2019. 7 as of current date.

Treasury report: $2643

Shirt update: Lloyd will owe club $22 when all shirts are sold.


Mary and board e-mail: Hugh will take care of this. Task done by 1/20

Software for website: $287 for 3 years. Due February 3rd. Alan will check 1 year price. (Alan has verified $8/month, which is good price)

Word Press needs to be refreshed for anti-virus.

Ted not on email list: Hugh will fix this. (done)

Dues: Alex suggested raising dues to $20. Concerns about using funds enough to justify raising the dues were expressed. Alex will put together a list of possible uses for the additional money.

Fermentation Frenzy: February 24th. Hugh and Todd will have two kegs and any bottles donated.

Winter Warmer
Servers: Ted, Tom, Mary. Ted will ask for additional volunteers. Ted may pick a deserving volunteer, or ask Jeff.

Beers: Scotch ale, ginger beer, Belgian dark strong, Kolsch. Ted will solicit for more contributions from members.

Tap for TAF: April 4th. Hugh will coordinate. Scott has volunteered to help.
Derek will be asked as he has helped in the past.


Club night: As in the past, we will participate.
Social club: For the first time we will volunteer for a time slot. Knockout party: Not at this year’s convention.

Meeting topics: The board was challenged to take some of the eduction topics. Corey from Brokerage, and Tom and Michelle will be approached about covering topics. Ted may do a triangle test topic.

Other miscellaneous topics : A spring bus trip may be planned. Also, Hugh will explore a a homebrew demo at Kopacetic. Lloyd will push the Howard county homebrew competition. Ted will approach Chris about a spring callout at People’s. June 27th, Homebrewpalooza.

Meeting locations: Good attendance at Teay’s suggests looking at having 1-2 Meetings per year at other locations. Blichmann’s?

Club to Provide $80 tip for servers at Holiday party.

Board news : Scott is stepping down from board. Todd will be approached to fill vacancy. (Todd has accepted)

THC Board Minutes (9/26/2017)


The board will begin posting minutes of meetings within a week of said meetings occurring. Here is the first set.


  • Callout meeting.  Possible themes for competition:
    • One style across entrants, but using different yeasts.
    • Special ingredient list. Item to be chosen by entrant.  Beer must highlight the chosen special ingredient.
    • Iron brewer: Special ingredient announced the day of the competition
    • Clone recipe: Given a People’s recipe, each person attempts to clone it.
    • Choose you own hop for a recipe.

          Suggestions forwarded to Chris, to give him additional options for planning the brew day.

  • Teach a Friend to Homebrew day. November 5, to be held at Jarrod’s house.  Will teach three people to brew.  Club payment of half of ingredients waved due to desire to decrease complexity of event.
  • Meeting format. Consensus is that meeting format is fine, with the exception of deleting an educational component separate from style focus.  May alternate in the future.
  • Jockey box. Club generally pours 8 to 10 kegged beers at events; the 4 tap jockey box is not adequate.  Ideas discussed, but no action taken.
  • Jockey box façade. General agreement that update would be desireable.  This issue has persisted for a time.  A two person subcommittee (Hugh and Jarrod) will generate ideas to be delivered to the board at a later date.  Façade update desired to be done in time for Winter Warmer.
  • Add seventh member to board, for a one year rotating membership. Will advertise in October, selected by vote of membership (assuming more than one volunteer) in November.  Meeting December 5.  This may evolve into some system of turnover for the board at large.
  • Some discussion of size of club, and overall vision for club future. General discussion only.
  • Club T-shirts to be put on an online order basis in the forseeable future, when inventory depleted. Two designs (one with THC, one without) desired.
  • Club service event. Most likely at Food Finders.  Hugh will pursue and update.
  • Possible THC booth at Moseys. No beer service, just information. Decided that it is not necessary to attend every Mosey, but this idea will be pursued.

Blog at

Up ↑